USC Update – February 26, 2021
Hey USC Family,
On September 21, 2020 the Healthy Sail Panel submitted 74 recommendations to the CDC in an effort to facilitate the safe return of cruise operations. The Panel’s recommendations, if approved, will provide the necessary framework for cruise lines to safely resume sailing. So here’s what we know:
1. USC 2021 is scheduled to sail on Nov 5 – 10th, 2021 (Ship 1) and Nov 10th – 15th, 2021 (Ship 2).
2. Taino Bay, Dominican Republic will be our first port of call and our second destination will be confirmed shortly.
3. Although there are still challenges, the rate of Covid-19 infections has dropped dramatically in most countries.
4. The cruise industry has made significant strides towards increasing the safety of passengers and preventing the spread of Covid-19 onboard cruise ships.
5. All Royal Caribbean ships have been granted Green Ship status which means that the CDC has confirmed that RCL’s ships are currently unaffected by Covid-19.
6. The CDC is expected to make a decision on the Healthy Sail Panel’s Recommendations in the near future.
7. The Ubersoca Cruise Tabanca is reeeehhhhhhllll!
We’ve listened to your recent feedback and will be restarting payments in May 2021. Having stopped taking payments in May of last year, restarting payments in May 2021 will mean that your payments will remain the same and will not increase. We know that some passengers may wish to voluntarily restart making payments and this can be done by logging into your account and making payments online. Should you require assistance with this, please contact our new Support Department and they will be happy to assist you.
We appreciate there are still challenges, but even more, we appreciate your loyalty as you have navigated your own challenges during the pandemic. We get it, these are uncertain times, so we’re putting a plan in place to enable passengers to either receive a full refund or future cruise credits in the event Covid-19 prevents us from reuniting this year. In the meantime, we’re focusing on reaching the light at the end of the tunnel. So let’s keep the vybes positive as we look forward to the much anticipated return of Ubersoca Cruise – the Largest Music Festival at Sea!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Support Department. We will provide additional updates regarding your 2021 sailing shortly.
Reminder about our new Call Center Contact Details:
1 (585) 488 0872
We look forward to serving you and can’t wait to see you all!